[Note- Microsoft Dynamics GP – All versions available]
The Microsoft Dynamics GP Purchase Order Processing course explores the primary features in the Microsoft Dynamics GP purchasing lifecycle, including purchase order setup, purchase order entry, shipment receipts and returns, and shipment invoicing. This course examines the implications of each Purchase Order Processing setup option and how they can be tailored to meet your business requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Purchase Order Processing training is recommended for anyone who plans to implement, use, maintain, consult, or support Microsoft Dynamics GP. The class is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators, office managers, CEOs, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of purchasing and gain foundational knowledge of the application functionality.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Enter Purchase Orders, Receipts, and Returns
- Enter Drop-Ship and Standard Blanket Purchase Orders
- Copy item details from an existing Purchase Order
- Use inquiry screens and reports to extract and analyze appropriate information to maintain and improve business processes
- Understand how Purchase Order Processing integrates with the Accounts Payable module
- Enter Landed Costs at the time you enter the receipt of inventory
- Enter Landed Costs after the items have been received
- Close the Purchasing module
- Define set up options for the module that allow you to customize your system to better fit your organization’s unique needs
Module 1: Overview and Setup
This module introduces you to Purchase Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics GP by examining the core processes used in each step of the Purchase Order Processing lifecycle. This module helps you understand the default system and user options defined in the Purchase Order Processing Setup window and how they affect Purchase Order Processing transactions, such as purchase order entry, shipment receipts, returns, and invoice entry.
- Features and Benefits
- Purchase Order Processing Setup
- User-Defined Fields for PO Receipts
- Purchasing Tax Schedules
- Revalue for Cost Variances
- Buyer Maintenance
- Landed Costs
Module 2: Entering Purchase Orders
This module examines the processes of entering and printing purchase orders. It also reviews the types of purchase orders available and the steps for processing each order type. This module also examines how to set up a replenishment method to automatically generate purchase orders when inventory items are running low.
- Purchase Order Entry
- Linking Purchase Orders to Sales Orders
- Drop-Ship Purchase Orders
- Blanket Purchase Orders
- Printing Purchase Orders
- Automatic Purchase Order Generation
Module 3: Entering Shipments
This module examines the process of receiving purchase order shipments for inventory, non-inventory, and lot/serial numbered items. It also reviews how to apportion landed costs during the receiving process, and how to post receipts to the General Ledger. This module also examines how to define lot and serial number masks that are used when lot/serial numbers are automatically generated during shipment receipt transactions.
- Entering Purchase Order Receipts
- Shipment line item matching
- Applying Landed Costs
- Posting Receipts
Module 4: Entering Invoices and Returns
This module examines the process of entering invoices against purchase orders, including the posting of purchase price variances. This module reviews the affect of invoice entry on other modules that integrate with Purchasing Order Processing, and it examines how to return shipments to a vendor.
- Purchase Invoice Entry
- Verifying Distributions
- Posting Process and Cost Variances
- Returning Purchase Orders
Module 5: Entering and Removing Records
This module examines the options available for editing, deleting, and voiding purchase orders that exist in the system. The available inquiry screens are reviewed, which enable businesses to make informed purchasing decisions and to track purchasing data. This module discusses the process of replenishing inventory quantities based on historical purchasing report information and how to view inventory quantity and cost information by vendor.
- Deleting and Voiding Purchase Orders
- Editing Purchase Orders
- Reconciling Purchase Orders
- Purchase Order Inquiries
- Purchase Order Reports and Reports Scheduler
- Lab: Purchase Order Processing Setup
- Lab: Entering Purchase Orders
- Lab: Entering Shipments
- Lab: Entering Invoices and Returns